Wednesday, December 10, 2008

tom, part II

Tom, our magical Christmas elf, continues to earn his keep.

Last night, we went to the elementary school Christmas party. In keeping with tradition, Logan refused to sit on Santa's lap for a picture.

I warned him that Tom was peeking in the window to monitor his behavior. He opened the window and investigated just long enough to receive a reprimand from one of the teachers.

A bit of history...photos with costumed characters have largely been unsuccessful in our family. Here's last spring's Easter bunny shot. The only reason he agreed to at least touch its fur is because I told him that otherwise, he wouldn't get a fart machine in his Easter basket.


But last night, the fear of Tom's presence got him up on Santa's lap.

According to the book, Tom's supposed to disappear on Christmas Eve when he goes back to the North Pole with Santa. But Logan's birthday's in February. Maybe I could come up with a different character to serve the same purpose. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Charles the Cupid for February maybe?
I love that you have a 'Toot Man.' He and Mr. Farty really should meet.

Beth said...

We haven't attempted to do the character thing yet...I don't want to deal with the meltdown!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...you must have good giveaway karma because you won! If you could email me your snail mail address I will get your package in the mail ASAP!